Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WILL I GET THE SACK FROM WORK FOR STEALING?

i work for magazine distributor in the returns department, i.e. where out of date mags get refunded to publishers and then get chucked in the bin. there are allot of free gifts that come on these magazines like, samples of shower gel, rom disc and chocolate bars etc etc and my manager has no problem with us eating the edibles at work but said we are not allowed to take the chocolate and sweets off premises. before i worked for this company i never really use to eat choc and sweets but over the last 2 years ive slowly became addicted to chocolate as im "allowed" to eat as much of it at work as i want. yesterday i made a silly mistake at the end of my work shift and decided to take a few bars of choc home (to feed my new addiction) and was then stopped outside work for a bag inspection, the rest im sure u can guess! im suspended until Monday when i will have a meeting to determine my fate. my question is, should it be me getting the sack or should it be my boss who gets the sack as he was the person that condoned stealing in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment