Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ex dangling gifts, after Valentines Day? Huh?

He didn't call me on Valentines Day, because well, we broke up 2 months ago, but we talk every once in a while and he always tells me he loves me. We just couldn't move forward. On top of that, I hope it doesn't sound shallow of me, because I'm not superficial, but I went all out for him for Christmas and his birthday, but I never got even a card. Shortly after new year's, I broke up with him because of several reasons. We were together for a year. But last night he calls and he tells me he's confused, but loves me and wants me, and bought me a birthday present one week ago (my birthday is not for over a month from now.) We've been long distance, and he tells me to get on video chat because he wanted to show me something. I get on, and he hold up a huge Victoria Secret's bag, and says he bought me a gift card. He's been talking about my birthday present for the last 4 months (because I will be turning 30), but did this to me. Then proceeds to ask, should I return it? He says, " I was going to send it, but I'm horrible about getting to the post office." It would have arrived around Valentines Day, and he was just dangling it in front of me and I was actually really offended. Did he turn this V-Day gift into a b-day present because of his inabililty to get to the post office? Is this shallow of me for being upset and offended? Why would an ex do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment